Our Price: $11.31
(Retail Price: $17.95)
Signed by Author!
IN THIS INNOVATIVE BOOK, counselor, coach, educator, and attorney David Bedrick introduces a fresh approach to understanding disturbing feelings and behaviors. Using examples from the television show Dr. Phil, he illustrates mainstream psychology’s tendency to shame people into thinking something is wrong with them. He then debunks many standard protocols and “fixes.” Drawing on provocative insights into such topics as dieting, sex, anger, addictions, domestic violence, and more, Bedrick goes on to present a love-based psychology rooted in the belief that there is profound meaning in our struggles, which can come to light when they are compassionately reframed.
Through the lens of a love-based psychology we learn to:
- Explore disturbing feelings and behaviors rather than repudiate them
- Embrace our authentic selves instead of attempting to “fix” ourselves
- View humanity’s deviations from “the norm” as a reflection of nature’s diversity
- Experience the power and intelligence of our feelings
- Recognize the larger culture’s formative role in our individual suffering
- Transform conflict into a catalyst for building sustainable relationships
- Accept our greatest difficulties as our strongest allies
Click on the image above to view a larger version of the Contents.